From loyalty programs and payments to texting during emergencies, mobile news took center stage this week. One study found that mobile video is on track to account for 50% of all online video viewing by 2016, having already grown more than eightfold since 2011. Since mobile is becoming a key part of the overall customer experience, it's imperative for marketers to learn how to incorporate it. Here are some examples worth reading:
- Moving its loyalty program from punch cards to mobile pays off for retailer Yogen Fruz.
- Great mobile marketing delivers the right message at the right moment. Here are great insight on owning, not abusing, the moment.
- To celebrate April Fools Day, these brands launched joke products. Creative brand marketing at its best! ow.ly/viNtA
- Texting and walking at the same time just got safer thanks to Apple (and a slew of other apps). entm.ag/1feSJ84
- Texting to 9-1-1 during emergencies is now available. CTIA - The Wireless Association published pros, cons, do's and don'ts for emergency texting vs. calling. ow.ly/vlDA8